As an organisation, we support the five animal freedoms that have been developed and are now widely recognised world-wide.
We believe that all the animals in our care should have:
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst
By ready access to fresh water and diet to maintain health and vigour.
- Freedom from Discomfort
By providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
- Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease
By prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
- Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour
By providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
- Freedom from Fear and Distress
By ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
We support local businesses and charities who share our goals and would encourage you to do the same, including:
- Two Cicadas on the Armerikia Trees, Waterfront Taverna, Kini
- Captain’s rooms, Boutique and pet-friendly hotel, Kini, Syros
- Nikolas Taverna in Xroussa, Syros. Traditional Greek food with spectacular views